Accessibility Standards for Customer Service
Providing Goods and Services to People with Disabilities
Ontario Electronic Stewardship is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities.
We will ensure that our staff are trained and familiar with various assistive devices we have on site or that we provide that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our goods or services.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises.
We will notify customers of this through a notice posted on our web site.
Notice of temporary disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for customers with disabilities, Ontario Electronic Stewardship will notify customers promptly. This clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available.
The notice will be communicated as appropriate for the circumstance, and if necessary, placed on our corporate and public-facing web sites.
Ontario Electronic Stewardship will provide Accessibility Standards for Customer Service Policy training to employees, volunteers and others who deal with the public or other third parties on our behalf.
Individuals in the following positions will be trained:
All full-time personnel, including customer service and management
This training will be provided to staff as part of a group training and/or on hire as part of orientation.
Training will include:
An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard
- Ontario Electronic Stewardship’s plan related to the customer service standard.
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person
- How to use any Ontario Electronic Stewardship that may be available on-site or otherwise that may help with providing goods or services to people with disabilities
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing Ontario Electronic Stewardship’s services
- Staff will also be trained when changes are made to your accessible customer service plan.
- Feedback process
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way Ontario Electronic Stewardship provides services to people with disabilities can contact email@example.com.
All feedback, including complaints, will be reviewed by Customer Care, Human Resources and escalated to the Executive Director, if necessary.
Customers can expect to hear back in 48 business hours.
Any policy of Ontario Electronic Stewardship that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed.