To deliver on its Ministerial direction of cost recovery (a new way of financing the Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Program), Ontario Electronic Stewardship (OES) has conducted several information sessions for Stewards, Remitters and Sub-Remitters and requested input and comments throughout the process.
The initial information session and request for comments on the proposed cost recovery model and approach took place on October 16, 2012. Following that, OES delivered a preliminary cost recovery update on January 16, 2013 that outlined proposed cost recovery scenarios, with a request for comment on those by survey. Survey feedback and comments were summarized in the cost recovery update summary report dated January 28, 2013.
Waste Diversion Ontario and the Ontario Ministry of the Environment approved the cost recovery final approach and fee-setting methodology on February 19, 2013. Following that, OES posted a Cost Recovery Implementation Update on March 15 and hosted a series of three educational sessions to inform Stewards, Remitters and Sub-Remitters of the fee-setting methodology, revised fees and next steps for implementing cost recovery. The sessions took place on March 21, March 27 and April 3, 2013.
OES documents and consultation presentations
- Cost Recovery Orientation Process (Phase 1)
- Cost Recovery Backgrounder posted: Monday, October 15
- Cost Recovery Preliminary Update for WEEE Program Plan posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2013
- Cost Recovery Implementation Update for WEEE Program Plan posted: Friday, March 15, 2013
- Educational session webcast (Replay of March 21 presentation)
- Summary of questions/comments: educational sessions 1 through 3:
For questions, contact OES Customer Care at 1-888-646-1820 ext. 1 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. OES is committed to engaging and providing information in a timely, interactive and meaningful way for all program stakeholders.
Historical Steward Fee Background:
- WDO Approval of OES Proposed Steward Fees – April 2, 2013
- Cost Recovery Implementation Update – March 15, 2013
- Minister of the Environment WEEE Cost Recovery Approval Letter – February 19, 2013
- Cost Recovery Update Summary – January 28, 2013
- Cost Recovery Preliminary Update – January 16, 2013
- OES Response to Stakeholders on Ministry of the Environment’s February 9, 2012 Direction to Waste Diversion Ontario – February 24, 2012
- Minister Direction Letter to WDO – February 9, 2012