Revised (Phased 1 and 2) WEEE Program Plan Development
On August 14, 2009, the Ontario Minister of the Environment approved the Revised (Phase 1 and 2) WEEE Program Plan. As part of the plan development, OES was required to establish a consultation process to ensure a beneficial exchange of information, ideas and opinions, among key stakeholders. Stakeholders included affected industries, municipalities, environmental and community groups with a particular interest in waste management, water quality and public health. Also included were residential, industrial, commercial and institutional generators of WEEE, professionals working in related fields (e.g. environmental consultants), and the general public. Consultation activities included:
- Review of information arising from the consultation process and Plan development by the OES Board and WEEE Stewards;
- Review of information arising from the consultation process and Plan development by the WDO Executive Director and WDO Board; and,
- Meetings among WDO staff, OES representatives, and Ministry of the Environment staff and legal counsel.
- Two public webcast/workshops.
The first workshop took place in February 2009. The second workshop was held in April 2009.
Reference Documents from Consultation Workshop 1
- Archived Webcast
- Revised (Phase 1 & 2) Waste Electrical & Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Program Document for Consultation
- Handout #1: Proposed Draft Definitions and Groupings of Phase 2 Materials
- Handout #2: Preliminary Data for Phase 2 EEE & WEEE
- February 4 Agenda
Reference Documents from Consultation Workshop 2
- Archived webcast
- Draft Preliminary Revised (Phase 1 & 2) WEEE Program Plan (April 23, 2009)
- Draft Preliminary Revised (Phase 1 and 2) WEEE Program Consultation Report
- Handout #1: Proposed Material Categories and Definitions
- Handout #2: Material Flow
- April 30 Agenda
Phase 1 Program Plan Consultation
Consultation activities undertaken for Phase 1 WEEE Program Plan are available at the Resource Productivity and Recovery Authority (RPRA).