Under the Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) program, there are opportunities for recyclers and primary processors to partner with Ontario Electronic Stewardship (OES) in the diversion of end-of-life electronics (EOLE).
If you would like to be a partner with OES and wish to become an OES Primary Processor (“Processor”) you may signal to OES of your desire to do so. You will be directed to contact the Recycling Qualification Office (RQO) at: email@example.com. RQO has a mandate to oversee the Electronics Recycling Program (RQP) application process in a harmonious way among all provincial WEEE programs operated by Electronic Products Recycling Association (EPRA), including OES. The RQO manages all recycler assessments and approvals on behalf of the provincial stewardship programs. Once you have completed the RQO verification assessment, you would then advise OES of the successful completion of the RQP and receive OES program approval. Your company would then be required to complete necessary documentation provided by OES, and must enter into a contract with OES to be designated an OES Service Provider.
- Advise OES of your desire to become an OES Primary Processor by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit www.rqp.ca to download a Recycler Application Form or to learn about the RQP, including assessment process and protocols.
- Notify email@example.com and advise OES of your RQP results.
- Complete documentation provided by OES.
- Enter into a contract with OES.
- Processor Incentive Program: review the Processor Incentive Program (PIP) Guidebook for more information on this option.
- Request for Proposal (RFP) Option: Processors are eligible to receive OES-collected WEEE by submitting a bid through an OES issued Request for Proposal (RFP). From time to time the RFP option will be available to approved Processors.
RQO-approved, OES-contracted Processors
The following are RQO-approved and OES-contracted processors.
- Artex Environmental
- Com2 Recycling Solutions
- e-Cycle Solutions
- Evolu-TIC Outaouais
- FCM Recycling
- GEEP – Global Electric Electronic Processing
- La Relance Outaouais
- Shift Recycling
View the detailed list including contact information.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Recycler or Processor FAQ